Primerica

Aug

27.15

mike_larson

Regional Leader Mike Larson
Winston-Salem, NC
Joined Primerica in 2003

“Quitting” is not a word in Regional Leader Mike Larson’s vocabulary. In fact, creating a successful Primerica business is just one of the many challenges Mike has risen to. He runs marathons, in particular, “Ultimate Runner” marathons, which include five running events. He practices CrossFit – an elite training regime used by military special ops, martial artists and professional athletes. And, he is blind.

“I am fortunate that some people have seen me as an inspiration for not quitting,” Mike says simply. “It’s not in my DNA to stop doing something.”

Not quitting is something Mike does very well. Because of a hereditary condition known as retinitis pigmentosa, Mike began to lose his eyesight at age six. By the time he was 25 he had to surrender his driver’s license. At age 48 he is legally blind. There is no cure for his condition. To run marathons, Mike straps himself to a friend with a bungee cord.

Mike describes his vision: “Imagine you have a color TV and the vision is distorted. You lose all detail. I have software that magnifies a screen up to 32 times. I use a magnification of 14 times. So when I look at a website I see 1/14 of the screen per page. So do I surf the internet all the time? No I do not. But you don’t have to have great eyesight to do this business. You just need a vision of where you want to go. If people can get past my eyesight they see the usefulness of what we offer.”

When it comes to processing paperwork for his business, Mike uses special software that magnifies an application 16 times. “My eyesight doesn’t improve with time. I just found ways to get around it,” he explains. “You don’t need great eyesight to say ‘hi’ to somebody.”

Thanks to his Primerica business, Mike has paid off his house and three cars and lives debt-free. He is also paying cash for his daughter’s college education. His wife, Marie, a schoolteacher, is also a licensed Primerica rep.

“I love what this company is about,” Mike enthuses. “I love waking up with purpose.”

*The success level depicted herein reflects the potential that comes with building a Primerica business, but there is no guarantee that you will achieve any specific success level or cash flow level.

15PFS340

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 27th, 2015 at 3:58 pm and is filed under Primerica, Representatives. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 Responses to “Mike Larson: Uncommon Vision”

1. August 27th, 2015 at 4:14 pm Dustin Turlington Says:

Great story about Mike. Extremely inspirational! Thanks for sharing and “Keep gettin after it Mike!”

2. August 27th, 2015 at 5:46 pm Janice Hines Says:

Good afternoon Mr. Larson thank you so much for being bringing hindsight to all of my excuses, this is a wake up call for me to stop making excuses and to start building in order for me to live my dream. Thank you for sharing your story, I look forward to seeing you at the top
    God bless
    Janice 2bsmg

3. August 27th, 2015 at 6:15 pm Martina Heredia Says:

I was down about my Primerica business , I have an associated that do not show up, do not answer phone call. I read this story of Mr Larson made me up again

4. August 28th, 2015 at 1:01 am Carolin Collins RVP Says:

Your story is very inspiring to me, I to battle with not being am quitter I’m a cancer survivor

5. August 31st, 2015 at 10:08 am Bryan Merritt Says:

I was reading about the importance of good attitudes and read how good attitudes compound when they’re exposed to others. I decided to see if I can find material about the lives of leaders in PRI. So grateful that I came across your story sir. Your attitude is amazing! Definitely sharing this with my team!

6. September 3rd, 2015 at 1:01 pm Ron and Wendy Says:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reminder that there are no real obstacles, only solutions, and quitting is never an option. see you at the top!

Ron and Wendy

7. September 28th, 2015 at 12:34 pm Karla Perez-Cordero Says:

Hi Mike, thank you SO MUCH for sharing your story! I have a new associate who is also legally blind. She has the vision and courage to do this business as well. She has a HUGE why; her 5 children and husband who was deported last year to Honduras. She has used a machine during her licensing classes too. Would love to know other resources you use to do this business and would like to connect her with you and show her your living example. Thanks again.

Please Leave a Reply