Primerica Co-CEO John Addison called it “the most electrifying night in the history of the company.” The 2011 Primerica Convention was no ordinary event, not even by our incredible standards.
There were so many game changers, it’s hard to list them all – from revolutionary new products to ground-breaking technology to cutting-edge new marketing tools to one of the great business speeches of all-time by company Founder Art Williams. All had a tremendous impact in the momentum Primerica has right now.
“It’s the beginning of a run,” said John, who ignited the crowd himself with a rousing closing bombshell. “We just changed the world. Things moved.”
In addition to countless hours behind the scenes for several months leading up to the Convention by virtually every division of Primerica, the event also featured a monumental show of force on location at The Georgia Dome and The Georgia World Congress Center. It was like the Super Bowl, a Rolling Stones concert and a mega-business meeting all rolled into one. Here are just a few of the facts and figures:
- 6 million square feet of space used by Primerica at The Dome and the GWCC
- 60 Semi tractor trailer trucks to transport all of the awards, marketing tools, exhibits, staging and A/V and TV gear – weighing more than 1 ton
- 2,000+ people on location running and staffing the event
- 15 miles of wire rope to suspend the truss and rigging for the staging and lighting
- 550,000 watts of lighting and 26,000 watts of audio power just in The Dome
- 9,000 feet of line rocket and data cable for pyrotechnics
- 436,000 square feet of carpet and 50,000 square feet of drape
- 1,000+ awards ranging from hand-painted portraits to giant MVP trophies
- 528,000 pounds of paper printed for 100,000 packets and store items
- 2.25 million total print pieces
- 20,000 orders placed on site at the stores
“We stretch the idea of what is big in this company,” John said. “We’re on the edge of something gigantic. The way to get big is to stretch yourself to a level where you never saw yourself. Every now and then, you have to look around and realize the direction has changed. We’re at one of those moments. It starts now.”
This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 at 8:22 am and is filed under Company, Opportunity, Primerica. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.